Types of Cole and Mason mechanism
- Sintered Stainless Steel Pepper Mechanism
- Nylon Salt Mechanism
- Gourmet Case Hardened Carbon Steel Mechanism
- Gourmet Ceramic Salt Mechanism
Sintered Stainless Steel Pepper Mechanism
Sintered Steel material is from powdered high pressure pressed steel
- Ideal for use as a pepper mechanism
- Parts designed to strip peppercorns not crush
- Sintered process = durability
- Non coated – integral anti-corrosion feature
- The mechanism will not corrode during the life of a mill - LIFETIME GUARANTEE
Nylon Salt Mechanism
- This is made using the injection moulding process
- Both inner and outer mechanisms are made using male and female tools not split tools
- Nylon is used due to its hard wearing characteristics and suitability for use with sea salt
Gourmet Case Hardened Carbon Steel Mechanism
- Case-hardened carbon steel mechanism
- Machine-cut, premium carbon steel, for precision grinding
- Surface plating for anti-corrosion protection
- High Rockwell hardness for more robust performance and increased longevity
- Ultra sharp mechanism design
- Increased grinding durability
- Spring-loaded design for even grinding consistency
- Dual action = strips peppercorns before grinding to release full pepper flavour
- Metal stirrup bar rather than plastic gives additional strength to mechanism.
- Better visible appearance = more engineered, more mechanical
- Registered design
- Mechanism warranty against defects and malfunction for over 25 years - LIFETIME GUARANTEE
Precise Grind levels – there are 6 levels of precision grinding
From a fine light dusting. Great for even flavour distribution.
| || |
Crumb-sized Ideal for dry rubs and marinating.
Select a medium grind for gravies and finishing.
Even dispersal with higher visibility.
Gourmet Ceramic Salt Mechanism
- Upgraded mechanism to white alumina ceramic
- Alumina ceramic – like a diamond – is among the hardest materials known to man.
- 60% stronger than conventional steatite ceramic components.
- Open cavity design of outer for maximum throughput
- Non-wearing material
- Material is injection moulded for high precision and sharp grinding profiles
- Anti-corrosion material
- Reassurance that salt will not corrode the mechanism.
- Anti-static for non-clogging mechanism
- Ceramic is non-static, therefore resistant to clogging.
- Spring-loaded for even grinding and consistent sharpness
Precise Grind levels – there are 3 levels of precision grinding
| || |
Gourmet Precision Technical Detail
| || |
Ultrasonically welded to the Top Housing
Connected to the Bottom Housing by the 3 vertical lugs and secured by 3 screws.
Links the Lever and the inner mechanism vertically.
Held between the Top Housing and the Bottom Housing. It drives the Lever.
Pushed by the Stem and the Spring against the Bottom Housing.
Holds the inner and outer mechanisms. It included the cavities giving the vertical position of the Stem.
Ultrasonically welded to the Bottom Housing. It included the dots showing the positions for the choice of the milling size.
- The 3 forks (a) on the inside of the ring drive the horizontal lugs (b) of the Lever and make
- The Lever, pushed against the Bottom Housing by the stem via a spring, has its 3 teeth (c) in contact with the cavities (d) of the Bottom Housing.
- As the cavities (c) have different heights, they will give to the Lever a specific vertical position according to the position of the Rotating ring, which will determine the gap between the inner and the outer mechanism, and so the milling size.